Sunday, September 6, 2015

Menu Plan Monday-21 Day Fix Extreme

Happy Monday y'all!



I am finally back with a renewed spirit for blogging. Later today tune in as I have more details about our summer vacation, which is the reason I took quite a blogging break! I am working on a few posts about our travels around The Netherlands since we got back and the trips we have planned!

But, for now let's talk weekly menu.



For about two weeks after I got back I played around with the 21 Day Fix Extreme workout programme I bought when I was back in the U.S. For about two years now I have really struggled with diet and balancing what I am eating to fuel my body correctly for how hard I work it between extreme workouts like P90X, P90X3, Insanity, and T25. I was feeling the effects of not eating properly and had a feeling 21 Day Fix could help.

I decided to go with the extreme version because the workouts indicated they were a bit more difficult and since I've never wavered in that area I figured I would be fine...and I have been.

Last week was my first full week of 100% following the nutrition along with the workouts. I feel amazing and am really seeing a difference. So, this is week two for me and I am stoked...here is what we will be eating.

Breakfasts
Monday: Egg whites with spinach and sauteed pumpkin with onions and peppers (1 Red, 2 Green)
Tuesday: Pumpkin spice oatmeal with 1/2 scoop protein powder (1/2 Red, 1 Yellow, 1 Green)
Wednesday: Egg whites with spinach and sauteed pumpkin with onions and peppers (1 Red, 2 Green)
Thursday: Pumpkin spice oatmeal with 1/2 scoop protein powder (1/2 Red, 1 Yellow, 1 Green)
Friday: Egg whites with spinach and sauteed pumpkin with onions and peppers (1 Red, 2 Green)
Saturday: Pumpkin spice oatmeal with 1/2 scoop protein powder (1/2 Red, 1 Yellow, 1 Green)
Sunday: Egg whites with spinach and sauteed pumpkin with onions and peppers (1 Red, 2 Green)

Lunch
Watch my Instagram this week to see what I pack in my teenager's yumbox!
Monday: Protein oatmeal with banana (1 red, 1 yellow, 1 purple)
Tuesday: Chicken salad with cottage cheese and pumpkin seeds (1 green, 2 red, 1 orange)
Wednesday: Protein oatmeal with banana (1 red, 1 yellow, 1 purple)
Thursday: Chicken salad with cottage cheese and pumpkin seeds (1 green, 2 red, 1 orange)
Friday: Protein oatmeal with banana (1 red, 1 yellow, 1 purple)
Saturday: You aren't supposed to cheat but we are doing something touristy so I'll have a Pannenkoken and a locally distilled adult beverage (one nice cheat meal keeps me sane)
Sunday:  I will scrounge around and use up leftovers

Snacks
This is where I fill in what containers I need. They usually consist of yogurt or cottage cheese and berries (1 red, 1 purple), a protein shake (1 red), hard boiled eggs and peppers (one red, one green), or a combo there of.

Dinner
Monday: Balsamic Steak Salad (hubby will have this minus the salad and with a bake potato) (1 green, 1 red, 1 tsp)
Tuesday: Tacos! (I just make regular tacos for the family and I portion out using containers so it is 2 green, 1 red, and 1 blue)
Wednesday: Omelettes or leftovers
Thursday: Beef and Pumpkin stew (1 green, 1 red) and hubby will have a grilled cheese and chicken soup
Friday: Cheese burgers in a lettuce wrap with sweet potato/reg potato wedges and broccoli
Saturday: Chicken breasts with mashed potatoes and gravy/sweet potato and green beans (1 red, 1 yellow {sweet potato}, 1 green)
Sunday: Eat at the Pure Market (YUM!) When I eat at this place, it is a paradise for a healthy foodie. I will see what they have but will focus on veggies and lean meat.

Since I'm doing the 21 day fix, it is a 7 day a week workout program with 30 minute workouts here are my workouts for this week:

Monday: Plyo fix extreme and stretching
Tuesday: Upper Fix extreme and 10 min hardcore
Wednesday: Pilates fix extreme and foam rolling
Thursday: Lower Fix Extreme and 10 min hardcore
Friday: Cardio Fix Extreme and stretching
Saturday: Dirty 30 Extreme and 10 min hardcore
Sunday: Yoga Fix Extreme and foam rolling

On my agenda this week:
  • Rijksmuseum (done)
  • Get the kiddo's phone fixed (done)
  • Zaanse Schans
  • Get Cologne Itinerary settled
  • Start on artwork for the walls (yes, sadly after a year we still have nothing on the walls, need to fix that)
  • Complete all 7 21 Day fix extreme workouts, 1 week down, 2 to go.
  • Do some home repairs like fix light bulbs that are out but aren't easy to repair, plus get one light switch fixed that is "stuck".
What do you have going on this week? Anything fun?

Linking up with I'm an Organizing Junkie, Mommy Runs Fast, and Jill Conyers.

No comments:

Post a Comment