Friday, December 19, 2014

Hot Buttered Rum Recipe

A few weeks back for the #countdown2Xmas photo prompt, cheer, I posted this fabulous cup of what I call *holiday cheer*, which really is just a Hot Buttered Rum of sorts.
See, yum!!! I will warn you I sort of "bulletproofed" this recipe. I hadn't had a ton of fat the day I created it so I threw a bunch in there. It makes for a delicious treat!




Here is how I did it.

Hot Buttered Rum
Serves 1
Shot of Bacardi Oakheart
Double shot of Honey Mead
Up to 1 Tablespoon of coconut oil*
Up to 1 Tablespoon of butter
Pinch of cinnamon
 *Note: Tread lightly with the coconut oil. If you aren't used to eating it, it has *cleansing* properties to it so start out low, you could go as low as a tsp and still get the coconutty flavour.




Combine all in a sauce pan and heat on medium-low heat until butter and coconut oil are melted and the rum and mead are warm, I usually heat until I see steam.

Don't heat too long as you don't want to burn off all the alcohol, after all this is a cup of holiday cheer for us adults ;)




No comments:

Post a Comment