Wednesday, December 3, 2014

DIY: Give Thanks Bunting


Today I promise is the last time I will talk about our super amazing Thanksgiving Dinner. I swear, after this I won't mention it again {I hope}.

Don't forget to check out the Pumpkin Bouquet Tutorial!

See that super cute Give Thanks bunting in front of my super awesome pumpkin flower arrangement? I am going to tell you how I made it today. It is ridiculously easy. Seriously.

Materials


  • Washi tape
  • Two wooden skewers
  • Twine cut to your preferred length (mine was about the length of my forearm)
  • Black Sharpie/Marker
  • Two mini pumpkins
Procedure.
  1. Measure out ten pieces of Washi Tape roughly the same length (if you want a word or phrase other than "Give Thanks" make sure you correctly measure out the number of pieces of tape and space them accoringly. 
  2. Lay out the twine. Start laying the pieces of Washi Tape under the twine, leaving space after four flags and then taping each piece down on to itself, like this:
  3. Then, folding each piece in half snip so you get the flags on each side.
  4. Once all ten pieces are on and cut, write one letter on each flag. 
  5. Tie or tape the twine to the skewers.
  6. Stick the end of the skewers into the stems of the mini pumpkins. 
This is such a quick and easy project and added so much to the tablescape. The mat the whole centerpiece is sitting on is just a piece of wallpaper I found at an end of the roll sale. I actually bought quite a bit and you will see the projects I am doing with it very soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment