Friday, November 28, 2014

Enchanted, Inc. by Shanna Swendson



Enchanted, Inc. is a series I started a few years back and actually forgot about! How I forgot I have no idea...I guess maybe a move from Florida to Texas to California to Canada all in less than 3 years might be how I forgot...

But, in an attempt to find something fun to read I went through my goodreads to-read list and found "Don't Hex with Texas" and fell back in love with this series!

Enchanted, Inc. starts the series off with Katie, a small town Texas girl, finding out she is a magical immune...which explains all the funny things she see's around New York City. This also makes her a valuable asset to Magic, Spells, and Illusions, Inc. Once getting a job at this company anarchy ensues making each book comical and easy to get through.

The protagonist is an easy to love southerner who tries to handle any and all situations with the utmost grace and delicacy. This often can get her in to even bigger predicaments, but it makes the books hilarious and fun to read.


Two of the books I found especially charming. The first would be Damsel Under Stress. Katie, our magical immune and her friends get to go into Central Park and kiss a few frogs that turn into Prince's! Cute huh?! My second favorite would be Kiss and Spell. Katie and her beau Owen get to live out a romantic comedy. It is quite hilarious as the way Ms. Swendson writes the book you don't actually learn what is going on until the characters do! It is super cute and excellently written.

If you love romantic comedies and New York City these books are definitely for you!


No comments:

Post a Comment