Monday, July 14, 2014

Goals, menu, and workouts-Oh My!

What a fun weekend we had! We started out Friday night with an impromptu date night where hubby & I totally dressed it up and went out for some great pasta, wine, and then walked all around downtown and even some in the red light district. It was packed, the weather was nice, it made for the perfect date night!

The sunset from our train station. There was a storm moving it but it never did anything!

Saturday we got some bikes so we could finally be proper Dutch expats! They are fantastic and I couldn't be happier about them! After that we went downtown as a family just before the Netherlands world cup game and it was totally packed but so worth it to be around all the people. We ate at this great sports bar then grabbed Sundaes at Ben & Jerrys! ;) 

(Those are like the Fort Knox of locks...hopefully our bikes will be ok!)

Sunday hubby and I had a birthday party to go to for a guy he works with. It was super fun...it was at the Rijksmuseum...they hired a tour guide and we learned so many interesting things! Tour guides are totally worth it when they know what they are talking about. Since we bought museum cards while we were there I can't wait to go back, there are a few paintings I want a closer look at! Then we had a nice dinner as a family and went on a very long bike ride and taught the teenager how to lock up her bike properly!

How was your weekend? Were you active?

Goals for this week:

  • Follow workout schedule
  • Get stuff moved over to new apartment
  • Follow meal plan
  • Get in green smoothies & one salad everyday-IMPORTANT!
  • Get back on to working on my Index Card a Day project
Last week I didn't write down my goals so I sort of lost sight when we got busy. I kept my clean eating up most of the time and enjoyed how busy we were settling into our new life and then end of school.

Now for what you really came here for....
Breakfast:
Egg white scramble with tomatoes and spinach & half a spelt bagel with avocado (MWF)
  • Teenager has two scrambled eggs with tomatoes and half a bagel with butter
Seeded spelt toast with avocado, Green smoothie (T, Th)
  • Teenager will have cereal with banana slices
Saturday: omelets (egg white for me) with ham, bacon, cheese, and veggies (everyone will have something different), with coffee and toast


Lunch: 
Spinach apple tuna salad with green tea green smoothie (M-W-F)
  • Teenager is at her friends most of the time this week they have lots of plans but if she is home she will do ham sandwich with spinach, peppers, cheese
Sweet potato with bbq chickpeas and a spinach salad (T, Th)
  • If the kiddo is home she will just eat this with me

Saturday: (this may or may not happen depending on what time we eat breakfast) Chicken sausage coins with potato/sweet potato fries

Sunday: (again may or may not happen depending on when we eat breakfast) Soup and grilled cheese sandwiches

Dinner:
*We won't be eating out all this week, my goal is to cook everyday
Meal 2: Tacos/Taco salads...I think this is one of my most favorite meals when I cook it ...I love a homemade taco salad
Meal 3: Cheese chicken finger crescent rolls, fruit
Meal 4: Bacon cheese potatoes/sweet potatoes with burgers
Meal 5: Raclette: leftover chicken/burgers cut up and seasoned, potato pieces, veggies, bread to dip in the cheese from the raclette (I will have to take a picture it is similarish to fondue but you don't dip directly into a pot)
Meal 6: Grilled steak bites with spinach salad and brown rice

We are trying to eat a home more as one thing about living in The Netherlands is food at the grocery store is really cheap, but food out in restaurants is ridiculously expensive and the service is frustratingly bad. Plus, the amount of people they try to squeeze into a dining room or on a patio is a bit ridiculous. So, we will be homing it and enjoying it!

Hope you all have a great week! 

1 comment:

  1. Adding in more green smoothies/salads is included in my goals for the week as well! :)

    ReplyDelete