As you can see, as time went on she decided she wanted a "cheer" themed room. Not bad because cheerleaders a colorful, just like a Moroccan theme so it has all worked out!
I am all about up-cycling so we tried to use what we had on hand along with our extensive craft collection to make all of her decorations.
- A lamp (mine is a full lamp, I just couldn't get a nice picture with the top of it in there)
- Some Aleen's jewel-it (I found this worked best, it is most like cement)
- A bag full of multi-colored jewels
- Make a circle of glue around the base, just a small circle because it dries fairly quickly and you don't want to waste it.
- Lay down some jewels, like this
- Continue until you have the base covered!
You may be asking, "why didn't she do the top of the lamp?" Well boys and girls, I didn't do the top because that lamp gets really, really warm. I was afraid if I did the top it would get warm, heat the glue and all the gems would fall off! That would be embarrassing right?!
So, there we have it a cute and simple project! It only took a wee bit over an hour to complete. This was done back in September, it is now March and she still talks about how cute it is!
Do you upcycle?? What is your favorite upcycled project you've completed?