Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Menu Plan #25

Hello! Welcome to another Menu Plan Monday Tuesday...oops what happened there?! We had a heck of a weekend. It was dreary, cold, and rainy. So you may ask why didn't I get my menu up on Monday morning like usual....well, aside from the dozen (yes, literally a dozen) projects I completed the teen had a 4 day weekend and hubby took Monday off as he was very, very sick. We all know how our men get when they are sick, yes??? Well, he is no exception...so I spent most of my days taking care of him and working on project. Good news is I will have a lot to post about!

So, on to my meal plan and some prep tips:


I made the egg muffins a head of time. They are super easy. Grease a muffin pan, crack an egg in there, chop up some fillings (I used purple and orange pepper and zucchini and a little cheese), whisk them up with a fork and bake at 350 for about 15-20 min (not 100% on this so just watch your muffys). Once done let them cool for 5 minutes and store in packs of 2 for an easy grab and go meal...you can also heat them up for about 40 seconds and they are good as new. :)

 With these she usually takes a whole wheat pumpkin muffin and/or an apple.

I also made some overnight oats:
In here is a cup of almond milk (homemade), 3/4 cup of oats, 1T chia seeds, and a scoop of sun warrior protein powder, and 1tsp of pumpkin pie spice. I used up containers that had just a wee spot of nut/seed butter left in them. Very tasty!


These are banana bread protein bars...yet they have no protein powder! The buckwheat groats are the secret ingredient I suspect. They are very, very delicious ;) As an added bonus they are high in iron since the coconut nectar is a great source of iron! 

This is the last of my prep: you can see my egg muffins that were made, to the left are bags of peppers for the teenager's snacks...she loves those lol, a container full of rice, and some chopped zucchini, peppers, and onion. These will make it super speedy to throw in lunches and to whip up dinner!

Finally....

These aren't necessarily on my menu but I made a huge batch of chickpeas to freeze for use later, and I am also making a large batch of black beans to freeze and use later. These are great for making snacks, burgers, etc!

Well, I hope everyone has had a much less eventful start to the week than I've had! ;)

Linking up at Org Junkie

1 comment:

  1. That's a great idea to have some meals made ahead. Especially for those busy days.

    ReplyDelete