Monday, July 8, 2013

Menu Plan Monday-Vacation Edition!

Hello, Friends!!! I am writing from beautiful Florida! It is so nice to sit on my parents porch and enjoy this amazing weather. It hasn't been nearly as oppressive as I thought it would be! Here are a few photos from our journey:


Great view of some city we were flying over (taken from my plane window with my iPhone)

Being goofy before our first flight took off!

Me and my Mr. at a 50s style diner...there was karaoke and some amazing milk shakes. not to mention great company!

Anyway....what you came here for! 


Since we are on vacation this will apply to everyone in my family. :)

Breakfast:
Monday: one egg with two egg whites, half a bagel, watermelon 
Tuesday: Paleo Breakfast burrito (basically an egg stuffed with peppers and then it has a piece of ham or turkey wrapped around it) with green beans/fruit
Wednesday: Bagel breakfast sandwiches
Thursday: Oatmeal with berries
Friday: Whatever is leftover as we leave for the beach house that day
Saturday: My brother and his family will be in town so we'll probably do a breakfast casserole like this.
Sunday: Out to breakfast.

Lunch
Monday: Errands, grab something out.
Tuesday: Steak burrito with tomato's, cucumbers, cheese.
Wednesday: Meet up with a friend for lunch at her restaurant: Mitad Del Mundo
Thursday: leftovers
Friday: Be super goofy and dress up like a cow with my parents and go get free chick-fil-a! 
Saturday: Big BBQ with hamburgers, hot dogs, coleslaw, and all kinds of other delicious goodies!
Sunday: Leftovers

Dinner: 
Monday: Turkey burgers with leftover pasta salad and fruit
Tuesday: Eat out with the in-laws possibly or just something easy like breakfast for dinner
Wednesday: Pan of roasted veggies with any leftover meat or crumbled turkey.
Thursday: Lasagna and salad (this is my husband's favourite meal my mother-in-law makes, it's fantastic! I'm going to cook with her to try and learn how to do it! It involves lots of cheese so you can hardly go wrong! LOL)
Friday: Slow roasted pulled pork with baked beans and veggies
Saturday: Leftovers from the BBQ!
Sunday: We'll take it easy and either go into town or just heat up leftovers. 

So, my week is an interesting one. I was going off what my mom said she would make. Plus, this is a week of reconnecting with people we haven't seen in a while. So, having big meals others will prepare and trying to go light and easy when I can in other areas. 

I hope everyone has had a great start to their week!!! 





No comments:

Post a Comment