Friday, June 14, 2013

Pizza Popcorn!!

The weekend is finally upon us, friends! I am so happy!!! Our schedule finally dictates we can take a date night this weekend! So, this is what my weekend will look like:

Friday: Early morning breakfast & errands, hike the Grouse Grind with a girlfriend (who is 10 years younger than me, my goal is to not make her stop so I can take a breather this time...we'll see how that works out! :P). Run more errands & find a new shirt for our date night. Get everything set up for father's day. Find a good movie to watch & make a fabulously healthy dinner.

Saturday: Get in the 100 burpee burnout, a good early morning walk. Get a few projects done that I want to surprise family with when we go back to FL here in a couple weeks to visit. Get in a late lunch/early family dinner before date night (I'm secretly hoping everyone will want Mongolian BBQ, but I'm not holding my breath). Then...date night! Can't wait to get out for some adult beverages & dancing, so glad everything is within walking distance!

Sunday: Mostly a relaxing day. Father's day celebration. Have a special dinner treat for the Mr. then another fun little treat after that! Wish I could say more, but he reads the blog & I want to keep it a surprise as he's a tough man to surprise!!! 

Anyway...I always try to make us a healthy family dinner on Friday as our schedules are kind of off during the week & we don't always get to eat together. Our snack for tonight though will be pizza popcorn it's actually quite easy! It's basically my base popcorn recipe with slightly different ingredients! 


Pizza Popcorn

1/3 cup popcorn kernels
Olive oil
Salt & Pepper (we use nature's seasoning or any other all purpose seasoning)
Pepperoni (cut into strips)
Bacon (diced or from a bag)
Mozzarella Cheese (grated)

Put the kernels in a paper bag & fold it down & pop as you would regular popcorn. Transfer to a bowl & drizzle with olive oil, mix it up to spread oil throughout. Season with all purpose seasoning or salt & pepper, mix to spread seasoning throughout. Then add grated mozzarella, pepperoni, & bacon. Other topping ideas include diced ham, diced veggies, or all the meats & all the veggies for a "supreme", add some Parmesan, provolone, etc. Just play around with your favorite toppings. I don't recommend adding pineapple, as it is kind of "wet" & makes the popcorn soggy. 

What are your favorite pizza toppings??? Mine are mozzarella, Parmesan, and provolone. Yes, cheese, cheese, and more cheese, please! :)

2 comments:

  1. Wow..this sounds so awesome!!! Clever spin on popcorn! #ThrowbackThursdaylinkup

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this idea. Thanks for sharing with #ThrowbackThursdayLinkup. Hope you join us again this week!

    ReplyDelete