Well, Happy Saturday, Friends!!!
Normally I don't do weekend posts, but it is the first of the month & I feel there are lots of things that should be done one time a month. I figured the first is probably the best day to get those things done that way you don't have to think about them for about 20-30 more days-depending on the month!
Now, I live in an apartment so if you live in a house and would like to add to my list feel free to mention other items in the comments below.
- Empty all lint traps in the laundry area.
- Now, many people are probably thinking don't you have one you empty after each load? Yes, I do. However there are also three other lint traps I have to empty. The first is in my washer, the middle piece lifts off and you wouldn't believe the amount of lint that gets in there! It's disgusting, you may want to consult your washer's manual to see if your washer has this feature. I had no idea until ours needed to serviced and the service guy didn't seem to want to leave so he showed me, glad he did! Next, is the one just behind the one I empty after every load. It's a tricky one and can take a while to empty as it has a grate that can't be removed. The last is located in the venting that goes to the outside. Didn't know lint traps could be so complicated, eh?!
- Here are some projects to do with all that extra lint: http://pinterest.com/pin/112238215686072420/ , http://mainelyewesfarm.blogspot.ca/2012/04/homemade-fire-starters.html , http://nadinesnook.blogspot.ca/2010/10/fire-starters.html
- I just place a cup or bowl full of vinegar on the top shelf & run it through the hottest cycle with a sani rinse since I have that option.
- Then, I sprinkle baking soda on the bottom & I run it through a short, hot cycle.
- Last, check the area where you'd put the rinse aid & I fill that up with vinegar.
Happy June, Everyone! I hope you all are ready to start your summer vacations here soon, if you get one! I am working on a fabulous summer bucket list printable. ;)