Thursday, June 13, 2013

Homemade Coconut Oil Moisturizer

Good Morning, Friends! It is a wonderful Thursday! We are now down to exactly two weeks until school is out for us! At least after this week all the big projects are done so I won't have a stressed out hormonal teenager running around, we'll just be back to the regular hormonal teenager!

Anyway, I am writing a post today to give you a "recipe" for a homemade coconut oil moisturizer. I have suffered with terrible acne as an adult. It's been really terrible...in fact, the way I feel someday's is summed up in this humorous video...



Wrinkles & pimples..that sums me up some days!

Moving on...I combine this with my homemade face wash (which I will share next week) and I have been pretty much pimple-free for three months now. I did have two pop up, but I was super stressed and had been touching that area of my face (bad, bad I know, I know).

So, here's the recipe

Coconut Oil Face Moisturizer
1/2 Cup Coconut Oil
5 drops good quality lavender essential oil (like this)

Mix the two together and store in a pretty jar!


Directions for use: rub a bit all over face, neck & chest. Apply to any other rough spots like elbow and/or knees. Coconut oil and lavender are also great healing agents so I've been applying this to some old scars & they are actually beginning to look a bit better as well!

Just one more note on this, it lasts a very long time! It's ultra concentrated so you don't need much unlike with typical moisturizers. When you buy coconut oil it's best to buy the unrefined, cold pressed organic oil. You are putting this on your skin, so the investment in a slightly more expensive organic, unrefined oil is well worth it. That oil can also be used for several other things especially cooking!

Have a great day!!!

4 comments:

  1. Kate,
    I love this idea! I'm stopping by from the Pin it Party, and added this to by DIY board. :)
    Happy Thursday!
    Ang
    Juggling Act Mama

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulously simple! I love it!
    Thanks for sharing at the Homestead Blog Hop. We hope to see you again this Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do usually use coconut oil as my moisturizer. Adding the lavender sounds like a good idea. My caution is the same as for using any oil. I have to be very careful about its use near my eyes because even the tiniest bit in my eyes (less than I'm aware of) will cause me tears and blurred vision for the remainder of the day, even if it's all day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, You just published a very good post here. I just came to your site today for the first time and just like that. So, you are doing a very good job for your beloved readers. I appreciate that too. I may share my thoughts too regarding this topic if you would like to listen and publish that in your blog. Thanks a lot!

    Check mine here

    ReplyDelete