Friday, May 17, 2013

Happy Friday!

So, we are finally at the weekend! For some reason, since I became a homemade weekends just haven't been the same for me. I seem to take them for granted. I mean, I enjoy them because my husband & daughter are home with me, but since my week's aren't as busy as they were when I worked, so it's usually just another set of days of the week! But, I've had a bit of a busy week with appointments and what not and the kiddo had a busy week with extra band practices, field trips and hubby had countless meetings and tons of work this week so it just feels good for it to be Friday and having some super fun, relaxing time to spend together.

Today I am slow roasting some ribs in the oven. I have one recipe I LOVE!!! I use the Neely's Dry Rib Rub here. It makes more than I need so usually I just double the recipe so I always have it on hand. I cover the ribs with it then I cover my pan in some foil, place the ribs on it, then cover it with foil (this ensures they will be super tender). Then I had my oven preheated to 400F (204 C) and I place the ribs in there, immediately turn the oven down to 250 (121 C) for a good two hours (checking the ribs as needed). Then, I whip up some of the Neely's BBQ Sauce here (again, I double it so I have extra for the month). I then turn the oven back up to 204C, take the top foil off & cover the ribs in BBQ Sauce while the oven heats back up. Place the ribs back in the oven and baste every 10-15 minutes with the sauce. They turn out tender and sweet, yet spicy! I'll serve it with a little homemade mac & cheese, and some roasted zucchini!! This is a meal that doesn't take much to fill you up, but makes you long for summer! ;) After we are finally making our way to see Iron Man 3. We hear it was amazing so we are really, really looking forward to seeing it!

The rest of the weekend I am dedicating to projects! I really need to get my daughter's room redone in the Moroccan theme she wants so many of the projects on my Pinterest Board is what I'll be working on. Here are a few of my top faves I'm looking to do:


(img credit)
http://thepleatedpoppy.com/2011/02/scrappy-lampshade-tutorial-and-long-story/ 
I have an old lamp & lamp shade and we have tons of old t-shirts that we are going to put to good use for this.


(Img Credit)
I'll use my Cricut to cut similar images. I have some bright orange DMC floss I'll use to hang them from the wall with.



This I found on Pinterest so I don't know how to give an image credit, but I'll post the link to the Pinterest post here.

These ones are my top priority along with dying her pillow cases and bed skirt. I will then also do some elephant embroidery on her pillow cases. I also intend to add a couple of canopies.

So, we have a fairly busy weekend planned here. We are also going out to dinner for a belated mother's day dinner. We were going to check out a French place, but sadly there is nothing on the menu my husband would like & he said he'd go & find "something" but it's just no fun if he can't truly enjoy the meal too ya know??? So, there is a cafe in a cute little neighborhood called Gastown that I've been wanting to try, but there are also several restaurants on Granville Island that we've yet to venture to and I would like to do a little shopping in one of the cooking stores and one of the bead stores so if it's nice hopefully we will catch the ferry over that way.

In any case it promises to be a great weekend and I can't wait to come and share the festivities!!!

Happy Friday & for you Canadian enjoy the long weekend!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment